Very good dog treats for very good boys. Mandy Dixon at Winterlake Lodge uses Cheddar or provolone cheese, but any semihard or hard cheese is loved and appreciated by their wild (but spoiled) northern sled dogs. If preferred, save your breakfast bacon grease and substitute for the butter.
Winterlake Lodge Dog Biscuits
Author: Mandy Dixon
- 2½ cups (313 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (100 grams) shredded Cheddar or provolone cheese
- ½ cup (120 grams) beef stock
- ¼ cup (57 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 medium eggs (94 grams)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and lightly spray with oil.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cheese, stock, and melted butter. Stir in eggs, and shape dough into a ball. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough until smooth and shiny. Roll dough to ½-inch thickness. Using a bone-shaped cookie cutter, cut dough. Place on prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn, and bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes more. Let cool on a wire rack.
The post Winterlake Lodge Dog Biscuits appeared first on Bake from Scratch.