Reese’s Peanut Butter Bars are a dessert that has a peanut butter cookie crust topped with a cream cheese mixture full of chunks of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. For another Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup dessert, try my Peanut Butter Reese’s Cheesecake in a Jar.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Bars
Reese’s Candy Pie grabbed my attention for two reasons–Reese’s candy and pie. Now that is my kind of dessert! I love Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, so any recipe that includes a chocolate and peanut butter balance works for me and my sweet tooth! And you don’t have to be intimidated by the pie piece (see what I did there?). This is a pie that anyone can make!
Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
With just a few ingredients that you probably have on hand, you can make this rich and decadent dessert. Plus, you will have the three ingredients you need to make a batch of peanut butter cookies later!
Crust Ingredients (full recipe below)
- Peanut butter
- Granulated sugar
- Cool whip
- Cream cheese
- Miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
Reese’s Peanut Butter Bars Crust
It starts with the peanut butter cookie crust for this dessert. Yes, those are the only three ingredients you need to make my 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies. It also just happens to be perfect as a crust for this Reese’s Candy Pie! So, to make the crust, combine the peanut butter, sugar, and egg in a medium bowl. Pour this into a greased 8×8-inch pan. Bake the crust for 10-15 minutes and let it cool completely before you add the topping.
How to Make These Bars
Seriously, so easy!!
- While the crust is cooling, blend the cool whip and cream cheese with a hand mixer.
- Fold in the chopped pieces of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, making sure to reserve a few of the pieces to sprinkle on top.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the cooled peanut butter crust and add a few more of those delicious Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups pieces on top.
- Chill the candy pie in the refrigerator for a half an hour before serving.
Looking for More Dessert Recipes?
PEANUT BUTTER CRUST
- 1 cup (258g) peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 8 ounces cool whip
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 2 cups (about 20) miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crushed
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, sugar, and egg.
Pour the peanut butter mixture into a greased 8×8-inch pan.
Bake for 10-15 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
Meanwhile, using a hand mixer, blend the cool whip and cream cheese until creamy.
Fold in most of the crushed Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, reserving some for topping.
Pour the cream cheese mixture over the peanut butter cookie crust.
Sprinkle the extra Reese's Peanut Butter Cup pieces over the top.
Let the pie chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes and serve.