Air Fryer Cinnamon Roll is one large roll made with strips of pizza dough covered in brown sugar and cinnamon, cooked in an air fryer, and topped with a sweet glaze. Try my Air Fryer Apple Pie Bombs for another sweet treat made in an air fryer.
Air Fryer Cinnamon Roll
Air Fryers are not just for chicken nuggets and french fries (although they are wonderful for enjoying fried foods with fewer calories and mess). This cinnamon roll is made with pizza dough and just a few ingredients with an easy-to-make sweet glaze to top it off. It’s a quick way to enjoy a cinnamon roll if you don’t have the time to make them from scratch.
Air Fryer Cinnamon Roll Ingredients
Pizza Dough: There is no need to make the dough from scratch for this treat. Simply buy a tube of pizza dough to use.
Butter: Melt the butter and let it cool as you prepare the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
Confectioners’ Sugar: Use this for the glaze; it is simply mixed with the heavy cream.
Heavy Cream: Also known as heavy whipping cream, heavy cream consists of 36-40% fat.
Filling the Dough
This recipe makes one large cinnamon roll that you can share or enjoy all to yourself! It only takes a few minutes to put together, and there is no wait time for dough rising or even making homemade dough. To get started, roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured work surface to a rectangle that is about 12×8 inches.
Next, in a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. With a pastry brush (or even the back of a spoon), spread the melted butter all over the rolled-out dough. Be sure to get all the way to the edges with the butter. Then, sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture over the dough, covering the entire surface.
How to Make Air Fryer Cinnamon Roll
Once the dough has been rolled out and covered with cinnamon and sugar, it’s time to get this large roll folded and cooked in the air fryer.
- First, cut the dough into 4-6 equal-sized strips using a sharp knife or pizza cutter.
- Next, tightly roll up the first strip.
- Third, place the rolled-up strip on the top edge of the second strip and continue to roll, forming a larger roll.
- Continue to add to the cinnamon roll with the remaining strips until you have one large treat.
- After all the strips are rolled up together, carefully place the roll into a 6-inch cake pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Loosely cover the roll with aluminum foil and place it in the basket of an air fryer. Cook for 20 minutes at 325°F.
- Remove the foil from the pan and cook for an additional 15-16 minutes.
- Finally, while the roll is warm, use a small whisk to make the glaze. Start with 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream, adding more until the glaze reaches your desired consistency.
- Drizzle the glaze over the roll and dig in!
Looking for More Sweet Roll Recipes?
Raspberry Cream Cheese Sweet Rolls
- 1 tube (8 ounces) pizza dough
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- ⅓ cup (67g) brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
Add your pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface, and roll it out into a 12×8-inch rectangle.
In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
Pour the melted butter over the dough so that it covers the entire surface. A pastry brush works well for this step.
Sprinkle and spread the brown sugar mixture over the buttered dough, making sure it covers the entire surface.
ROLLING, CUTTING, AND AIR FRYING
Preheat an air fryer to 325°F and spray a 6-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Using a very sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut the rectangle into 4-6 equal strips. Roll one strip up, and then connect it to the next strip until all the strips form one large cinnamon roll.
Carefully place the cinnamon roll into the prepared cake pan and top the pan loosely with aluminum foil.
Air Fry for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and fry for 15-16 additional minutes.
In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar with 2-3 tablespoons of heavy cream. Start with 2 tablespoons of heavy cream, and then add more until the glaze reaches your desired consistency.
Drizzle the glaze over the warm roll and serve.