Our November Bundt of the Month is a classic cookie like you’ve never seen before. We take the nostalgic oatmeal cream pie and transform it into a gorgeously golden-brown Oatmeal Cream Bundt Cake, twirled and swirled with a soft, tangy cream cheese mixture, using the Nordic Ware Pirouette Bundt® Pan. The outside of this beautiful Bundt is decorated with flowing, graceful grooves and a sweet Vanilla Glaze. Buttermilk in the batter creates a rich, tender crumb, while oats and raisins add familiar flavor and texture. Spiced with cinnamon and accented with cocoa powder for added depth, this cake will take you on sweet journey back in time. Full of cozy, familiar comfort, this bake is sure to be a welcome sight on your Thanksgiving table.
Looking for more Bundt inspiration? Sign up for the Bundt of the Month Club here and get baking today!
- 8 ounces (226 grams) cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup (150 grams) plus 2 tablespoons (24 grams) granulated sugar, divided
- 3 cups (375 grams) plus 2 tablespoons (16 grams) all-purpose flour, divided
- 5 large eggs (250 grams), room temperature and divided
- 1 cup (100 grams) old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup (80 grams) roughly chopped raisins
- 3 tablespoons (15 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons (4 grams) ground cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons (4.5 grams) kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking soda
- 1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (220 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups (300 grams) whole buttermilk, room temperature
- Vanilla Glaze (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, 2 tablespoons (24 grams) granulated sugar, and 2 tablespoons (16 grams) flour at medium speed until well combined, 1 to 2 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add 1 egg (50 grams); beat until well combined. Transfer mixture to a small bowl, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse oats until small and uniform in size but not too powdery. Add raisins, and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl, and whisk in cocoa, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and remaining 3 cups (375 grams) flour.
- Clean bowl of stand mixer and paddle attachment. Using the paddle attachment, beat butter, brown sugar, and remaining ¾ cup (150 grams) granulated sugar at medium-low speed just until combined; increase mixer speed to medium, and beat until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add remaining 4 eggs (200 grams), one at a time, beating until well combined after each addition. (Mixture may look slightly broken at this point, but batter will come together.) Beat in vanilla. With mixer on low speed, gradually add oats mixture to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with oats mixture, beating just until combined after each addition and stopping to scrape sides of bowl.
- Spray a 10-cup Nordic Ware Pirouette Bundt Pan with baking spray with flour. Spoon 2¼ cups (520 grams) batter into prepared pan; tap pan on a kitchen towel-lined counter several times to release any air bubbles and settle batter. Using the back of a spoon, make a ½-inch-deep, 1-inch-wide trench in center of batter in pan, leaving a ¼- to ½-inch border around edges. Spoon 3 cups (693 grams) remaining batter into a large pastry bag; cut a ½-inch opening in tip. Pipe a border of batter around outer and inner edges of pan. Spoon small dollops of cream cheese mixture and pipe alternating small dollops of batter into well in batter, staying within batter border. After completing 1 ring in pan, pipe border higher, if needed, and pipe batter over cream cheese dollops and vice versa until cream cheese mixture is all used up. Drag a wooden pick through center of each dollop to swirl into batter and gently tap pan on a kitchen towel-lined counter to release any air bubbles. Pipe and gently spread remaining batter on top, covering cream cheese mixture. (Pan will be full. Do not tap pan.)
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean and an instant-read thermometer inserted near center registers 205°F (93°C), 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes (top will have a slight jiggle to it because of the filling). Let cool in pan for 20 minutes. Using a small offset spatula, gently loosen cake from center of pan. Invert cake onto a wire rack placed over a rimmed baking sheet. Let cool completely. Transfer to a serving plate, and slowly spoon Vanilla Glaze on top before serving.
- 1 cup (120 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- 4 teaspoons (20 grams) water
- ¼ teaspoon (1 gram) vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ¾ cup (90 grams) confectioners’ sugar and 4 teaspoons (20 grams) water until smooth. Add vanilla and remaining ¼ cup (30 grams) confectioners’ sugar, and whisk until combined. (Glaze will be thick.) Let stand for 5 minutes before using.
The post Oatmeal Cream Bundt Cake appeared first on Bake from Scratch.