With a nutty, buttery press-in crust and a decadently rich filling featuring Bonne Maman® Hazelnut Chocolate Spread, this impressive Hazelnut-Chocolate Tart requires surprisingly little effort to make yet yields stunningly beautiful and delicious results. As this recipe calls for very little sugar, it is balanced in sweetness and allows the Hazelnut Chocolate Spread to stand out as the star of this delicious desert.
- 1¼ cups (156 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (96 grams) hazelnut flour (see Note)
- ¼ cup (30 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- ½ cup (113 grams) cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 large egg, (50 grams), room temperature
- 1 (12.7-ounce) jar (360 grams) Bonne Maman® Hazelnut Chocolate Spread
- ⅔ cup (160 grams) heavy whipping cream
- 5 tablespoons (70 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- Garnish: chopped toasted hazelnuts
Spray a 9-inch round fluted removable-bottom tart pan with baking spray with flour.
In a large bowl, whisk together flours, confectioners’ sugar, and salt. Add cold butter; using a pastry blender or 2 forks, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg until dry ingredients are moistened. Press dough into bottom and up sides of prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Top prepared crust with a piece of parchment paper. Add pie weights.
Bake until edges are just set, 15 to 20 minutes. Carefully remove parchment and weights. Bake until bottom of crust is dry and lightly browned, 5 to 10 minutes more. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine hazelnut chocolate spread, cream, and softened butter. Heat on high in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until butter is melted, hazelnut chocolate spread has thinned, and mixture starts to come together. Gently stir until combined, avoiding incorporating air into mixture. Immediately spread mixture into cooled tart shell. Refrigerate until filling is set, 3 to 4 hours. Garnish with hazelnuts, if desired. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.