Usher in your holiday baking season with these delightfully chewy blondies. Heilala Gingerbread Vanilla Extract enhances the warm, fragrant spices and creamy white chocolate in the blondies, and the silky piped frosting is festively flecked and perfumed with Heilala Pure Vanilla Paste.
Calling all baking lovers! Bake from Scratch and Heilala Vanilla have partnered this holiday season to bring you the most delicious giveaway. Our perfectly curated prize pack is designed to bring a touch of warmth and sweetness to your days, just like the comforting aroma of vanilla. Prizes inlcude:
and to top it off, a KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer!
Gingerbread-White Chocolate Blondies
- 1 1/2 cups (330 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (170 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large (100 grams) eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) Heilala Gingerbread Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups (188 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon (1.5 grams) ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon (1.5 grams) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 gram) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 ounces (113 grams) white chocolate, roughly chopped
- Vanilla Bean Buttercream (recipe follows)
- Garnish: assorted holiday sprinkles
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Line pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar and melted butter until smooth and well combined; whisk in eggs and gingerbread vanilla extract.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in white chocolate. Using an offset spatula, spread batter into prepared pan.
Bake until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs, 25 to 35 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Using excess parchment as handles, remove from pan. Cut into 3 (9×3-inch) strips. Cut each strip into 7 (2-inch-wide) triangles.
Transfer Vanilla Bean Buttercream to a pastry bag fitted with a small closed star piping tip (Ateco #842), and pipe onto blondies. Garish with sprinkles, if desired. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Vanilla Bean Buttercream
- 1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon (2.25 grams) kosher salt
- 2 3/4 cups (330 grams) confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon (6 grams) Heilala Pure Vanilla Paste
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and salt at medium speed until smooth and creamy. With mixer on low speed, gradually add confectioners' sugar alternately with cream, beginning and ending with sugar, beating until combined after each addition and stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Beat in vanilla paste; scrape bottom and sides of bowl and paddle. Beat at medium-high speed until smooth, pale, and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Use immediately.